Set up your veteran-owned business for Federal Contract eligibility with VOSB or SDVOSB certification status
Our Veteran Certification Specialists are standing by to simplify your Government Registration processes and ensure your business is eligible for the opportunities it deserves.
To qualify and successfully register for VOSB status with the federal government, an organization must meet all the following criteria:
For businesses seeking SDVOSB status (Service Disables Veteran-Owned Small Business), your organization must also meet the following eligibility requirements in addition to those for VOSB status:
Speak with our Certification Specialists to confirm your eligibility.
In 2003 congress passed the Veterans Benefits Act to jumpstart supplier networks across the nation, and give Veteran Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs) the room they need to thrive amongst the larger corporations in their field.
Or in franker terms, Certified Veterans have earned themselves the right to enjoy exclusive contracting opportunities which are restricted from the rest of their competition.
For reference: In 2018, the federal government put $560 billion into annual contract spending alone. 26% of those contracts were legally reserved for VOSBs, with 3% more available for Veteran Owned Small Businesses at a total of 29%.
For reference: When you do the math, that translates to between $145 and $173 billion in contract work last year — and all that Qualified Businesses need to do to take part in these lucrative contracts is get registered as a VOSB.
To access VOSB contracts, businesses first need to endure a complex registration process with the Federal Government, where the difference between contract approval and denial often comes down to the tiniest errors.
The full registration process takes between roughly 20 – 40 hours of clerical labor to complete, not including the follow-up work of renewals, supplying business updates, and m
We’ll ask you to send over some general information to get started and speak with you about what you can expect from your business’ registration process.
Our Certification Specialists are committed to your success, and are experts at the exhausting art of complex form-filling. We’ll stay by your side throughout the lengthy federal registration process, keeping you informed with frequent updates and communicating closely to ensure your business is found by the contractors you want to be discovered by most.
After all the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed, we’ll stick around to take care of your registration renewals and review your Federal account to make sure everything is accurate, compliant, and optimized for the contracts you apply for in the future.
Veterans who want to take the time to file for themselves by learning the ins and outs of the application process may DIY at SBA.gov.
But keep in mind, the federal government requires a lot of information to certify your business, and it all needs to be submitted in the right way.
If registration is not completed perfectly the first time around, veterans might find themselves going through the entire lengthy process again under harsher guidelines. Even worse, if veterans do manage to get approved despite some accidental filing mistakes, those errors can go on to create payment problems and limit their ability to win future contracts.